Albert had a family reunion in Oregon which was a great reason for us to pack up and go on a vacation. This is not something that happens very often (pretty close to never, actually) so Albert was very excited and I was very stressed. How do you go on a long car ride with a 2 year old who can't even sit still during music time in nursery? With a lot of people's help and advice, we were able to be pretty prepared...as much as you can be....and, well, I suppose it could have been a lot worse. I'm glad we did it though. I loved Oregon; it is absolutely beautiful!
 |
| For the reunion, we stayed at Silver Falls State Park, so we were able to see quite a few waterfalls. If you look closely at the picture below, you can see Albert's mom waving! |
 |
| Lucy LOVED all the bridges...or "fridges" as she says. |
 |
| Vegetation grows like crazy here. We loved how even tree stumps have trees growing on them. |
 |
| This is where we stayed. It was raining on this day, but you hardly even got wet because it was just a mist--very cool. |
 |
| The expression on my face was pretty common. We got half way up to the main hall and Lucy needed to have her blanket all of the sudden; she's trying to teach me patience, but I'm a slow learner. |
 |
| Albert and Lucy took a dip in the pool. He's teaching her how to plug her nose. |
 |
| Papa and Grammy |
 |
Grandpa Great
It's because of him we got to visit this beautiful place! |
After the reunion we headed to Eugene. Thankfully it wasn't a long drive. It was Sunday so we decided to go park hopping. Lucy loved it of course...anytime you mention the words park or slides she's all over it.
The next day we drove to the coast! It's been a while since either of us had seen the ocean and it was Lucy's first time of course, so we were excited. First stop...Sea Lion Cave!
 |
| I felt bad for these guys because they would work so hard to get their flippers to climb up this rock, and then a wave would come and take some of the sea lions with it. |
 |
| Lots more hanging out on the shore. They looked kind of gross to me. |
Hooray for the beach!! It started to rain a little bit, and the water was freezing, but it was so much fun. All three of us were having fun; I think we stayed there for a couple hours!
1 comments:
We took a trip to Oregon and Washington coast a few years ago and we loved it as well. I am glad little Lucy (and her mom) made it through ok. So far we haven't braved that kind of drive with our little one.
Post a Comment