So here I go. Just like most first time bloggers, I start this blog out with a confession. I am a new at this. Though we haven't entered the realm of actually owning a blog before, Jenni and I have actually talked quite a bit about it. My philosophy: everybody's doing it... so why not jump on board? Jenni's thinking: We don't have kids and we live near family... who cares? Well, after much prodding, a month ago my sweet wife told me to go ahead and start one. (by the way... one day we plan on having kids and I dream, just like most little boys, about having a puppy... I think that's worth a blog, right?)
Anyways, it is Friday and several hours ago I got home from work. I work graveyards at Channel Five and because it's Friday, I try to sleep as little as possible during the day... to make it so I can sleep during the night. I was pondering which projects I want to take on today to keep myself awake and I decided blogging would be the first. So if you're reading this... you're the lucky victim of my first ramble.
Well, life's good for the Poulsons. We are definitely getting used to life after college... though we keep wondering when we're going to get a summer break? I guess that doesn't come after you graduate. Although, I have to say Jenni picked a great career field when it comes to that... elementary teaching. This last summer was technically our first summer as grown ups. I worked my regular nine to five and Jenni worked several part-time jobs while she prepared for teaching this year. I take that back... Jenni picked a career that has A LOT of hidden work... I've never seen someone work so hard.
Well, it's pretty obvious what the thinking is behind our blog name. We are both TRUE BLUE AGGIES (In every sense of the name). We live here in Holladay and are surrounded by Utes and Cougars on all sides. Especially with Jenni's family. It's funny when we sit down at the dinner table and Jenni's brothers (all Utes) gang up on Jenni's parents and sister in law (all cougars). It gets pretty fierce. So you can imagine Jenni and I hold on to our Aggie roots as tightly as possible.
TwoAggieBlue is actually our geocaching name as well. Maybe in some other blog I'll explain what that is... just to suffice, it's something we found together and we love it.
Well, the true test of this blog will be if Jenni jumps on board. As you can tell, I've set it up as an "Us" blog... hoping that becomes the case. I figure, if she loves facebook so much, she'll eventually come around. In fact, I think I'll surprise her with it tonight.
Till next time, AP
Memorial Day
2 months ago
2 comments:
I just saw this on facebook. I am excited I have another friend on this blog because I don't have very many. Mine is quite lame but my sister begged me to create one so that she would have friends. I agree with your wife when you don't have kids there is not much to blog about but I try. (I do have a dog though.)
Hey Albert! Welcome to the world of blogging! I may actually be able to stay in touch with you! Wahoo! I saw your mom on conference weekend- it's been a long time!
Erica and Daniel
Post a Comment