CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

My latest creation...

So I am a Cubmaster in our ward, and lucky for me, that means I can find excuses to build things. This was my project all weekend. It is an advancement bridge for boys leaving Cub Scouts and going into Boy Scouts. Perhaps the coolest part about it is that it folds up for easy storage and can fit into your trunk. (I'm sounding like an infommercial) Well I'm pretty proud of the entire thing... just ask Jenni. You know it's kind of funny how things work out. Growing up, both of my parents were quite handy. Both always had projects they were working on. Me? Well, let's just say I didn't know the difference between a socket wrench and flat head. Now in my adult years, I've learned I love building and restoring things. Perhaps my favorite project is to go a thrift store or yard sale, find an old piece of furniture, and restore it. (I get that from my mom). There's just something very satisfying in creating... even if our apartment doesn't have room for the extra stuff!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Hey Albert! Glad everything is going good for you and your wife!

Shober Fam said...

Nice bridge Al. Kind of random...but it's nice. :)

Autumn and Mitch said...

Im so proud of you Albert. You totally strike me as the type of handy husband.