So, I slacked off last week and didn't write. In my defense, our internet was down most of the week, but after seeing Julie and Julia last night, I have a new motivation to keep plugging along on my "gratitude blog". I put that in quotes because Albert insists that our blog doesn't consist solely of my thankful posts..."We'll still post other stuff," he says, "with pictures." Well, if you count the number of other posts since I started, you will know why I am comfortable calling it my gratitude blog. But, don't be alarmed when something else pops up every other month or so!
1. A house! Albert and I are closing on a house this week! I can't believe it; there is a part of me that is worried something will fall through because it all seems too good to be true. I will definitely keep you posted on this one.
2. New job--I don't normally like to include work in blogging and facebook and such, so enjoy while you can...I have the opportunity to start a new job right now, and from what I have seen so far, it is a very positive atmosphere, and I am just excited to try something new.
3. My calling as a Primary teacher--As you may have noticed (Sadie...), I talk about what I learn in Primary all the time. Because of the upcoming move, I got released today. I have absolutely loved this calling. I used to think that Primary wouldn't be a good place for me because I deal with kids all through the week and I need a break on Sundays. However, that has not been the case. I love the people I work with, the kids are great, I have learned so much in the lessons and the music...it's awesome. I will miss it.
4. Camping--ok, so if you know me, you may be a tiny bit confused. Let's face it, I am just not a camper. It is really stressful to me. Packing is insane with every single little thing to remember. And then when you get there, I hate using the outhouse every 45 minutes (because my bladder decides to shrink when I am in the mountains), trying to brush my teeth and wash my face with a water bottle, and of course trying to fall asleep when you're freezing cold and burning up at the same time. But, I am so glad I have people who I love to get me out camping. It ends up being such a good experience. I love hanging out, chilling in a hammock, reading, playing games, eating good food (because all food tastes better in the mountains), canoeing, laughing, and the list goes on.
5. Albert--because of his crazy persistance and amazing attitude, we are closing on a house this week. And even now, as I am sitting in front of the computer, he is diligently packing and boxing stuff up, which is something I have somewhat been dreading. He is such a good example; hopefully some of his positive outlooks on life are rubbing off on me!
Memorial Day
2 months ago
2 comments:
Congrats on the house. I had no idea.
And I miss learning things in Primary. That was right about my level. Gospel Doctrine is killing me.
Congratulations!!! That's so awesome ya'll got a house. Next time we're up north we'll have to visit you in your new home :)
Post a Comment