It has been almost 2 years since Albert and I have had the Internet and, I am excited to announce, I am writing this blog entry in my basement right now! Wahoo! I feel like I need to get re-aquainted with this connection to the world. The couple places I've been using the Internet have been such that my time has been short and sweet. Now--pardon the expression--I have the world at my fingertips once again.
So things have been going well. Albert is keeping busy with his new job, church stuff, yard work, and impromptu projects--the latest of which being Lucy's new toy box. I spent most of April being sick, which I did a lot of complaining about. However, the many rainy days combined with not feeling good equals a perfect time to watch Anne of Green Gables.
Lately I have been catching myself thinking about a year ago, when I was eight months pregnant. As awful as that time was--the kidney stone/infection, sinus infection, waddling, etc.--it is fun to think about what was coming. At the time, I was pretty nervous, but looking back on it, it is exciting. Having a newborn baby is hard for sure, but as with many challenges, I have the blessing of remembering mostly the good parts. And thinking about all that Lucy has done and learned is amazing. I realize that all babies learn and grow, but watching her do it is pretty cool. She is almost 11 months now, and she is so funny. You can just see her little mind trying to figure things out. She's starting to play a more active role in our games. Like peek-a-boo. She moves her head away to "hide" and then comes back with a big smile. She is pretty social and likes to play with her cousins and the neighbors. The crawling thing has been difficult sometimes because of her getting into everything, but she is so dang cute when she crawls. She got her first fever last night, and it hasn't been the funnest 24 hours. I blame it on teething, just like I blame everything on.
Here are some picutres of what little Lucy has been up to.
So things have been going well. Albert is keeping busy with his new job, church stuff, yard work, and impromptu projects--the latest of which being Lucy's new toy box. I spent most of April being sick, which I did a lot of complaining about. However, the many rainy days combined with not feeling good equals a perfect time to watch Anne of Green Gables.
Lately I have been catching myself thinking about a year ago, when I was eight months pregnant. As awful as that time was--the kidney stone/infection, sinus infection, waddling, etc.--it is fun to think about what was coming. At the time, I was pretty nervous, but looking back on it, it is exciting. Having a newborn baby is hard for sure, but as with many challenges, I have the blessing of remembering mostly the good parts. And thinking about all that Lucy has done and learned is amazing. I realize that all babies learn and grow, but watching her do it is pretty cool. She is almost 11 months now, and she is so funny. You can just see her little mind trying to figure things out. She's starting to play a more active role in our games. Like peek-a-boo. She moves her head away to "hide" and then comes back with a big smile. She is pretty social and likes to play with her cousins and the neighbors. The crawling thing has been difficult sometimes because of her getting into everything, but she is so dang cute when she crawls. She got her first fever last night, and it hasn't been the funnest 24 hours. I blame it on teething, just like I blame everything on.
Here are some picutres of what little Lucy has been up to.
2 comments:
She is so cute I want to eat her. And I think Soren does too. Better stay away from us for awhile, I guess.
Darling!! WE LOVE HER TO DEATH and we love you guys too!
Post a Comment