CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray

We did it! We made it a year as parents. Lucy turned one today(Fri. 10th). There have been countless moments this last year when I had no idea what I was doing. But because Lucy is so patient and forgiving, we made it. It is so amazing to watch a little baby grow up. I know she is only one, but she has learned so much. I just love watching her figure stuff out and find new things. Recently, these findings have been happening like crazy. Now, she not only takes her bows off all the time, but as she goes to put them back on her head, she's telling my she knows where those bright, colorful things go. She says, "hi, hi, hi, hi....." when I answer the phone, and when I gave her the hairbrush to chew on, she brought it up to her hair! It is so cool to see the progression. Her big thing lately is to go down the stairs. It's pretty hard to figure out how to turn around when you're at the top, but she is definitely getting it. I love it!
When it comes to other adults, Lucy gets some separation anxiety. But, when kids are involved, she is a little social butterfly. Oh my goodness, there can be a kid nearby going down a slide...or just running around...and Lucy starts freaking out--kicking her legs, squealing. It's hilarious.
I just love this little girl. Here are some pictures of Little Lucy through out the year. ( I apologize if there are too many; I just couldn't choose. And please pardon the random spacing; Blogger and I are not getting along very well.)
Enjoy the faces of Lucy!
0-2 months
3-4 months

5 months
9-11 months

2 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! I think my fav picture was her on the kitchen floor with the pink and white striped outfit. Her b day is so close to Wren's.

ba said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!!! I am glad you are helping your parents out on learning all the simple thing of life. Hope you enjoyed your day.