CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Best and Worst of July

BEST
• Family! We’ve had lots of family time and it’s been fun. Albert’s family has come up a couple times to spend the holidays with us, and my brothers were in town from Arizona. So much fun to have all those kids here for a little bit; we miss them lots.
• Geocaching and hiking—We haven’t been geocaching since Lucy was born and Albert recently got a backpack to put her in so we’ve been trying to get back into it. I think Lucy and Albert both love it. Lucy sings little songs into his ear, and then she usually falls asleep.
• Food—Albert got a grill for his birthday, and I’m telling you, everything is better grilled…yum!
• Harry Potter—you can go ahead and think whatever you want about Harry Potter, as long as you don’t make fun of me for being sad that it’s over. I feel as though I’ve invested so much into this story, and it’s weird that there are no more books or movies to look forward to.

WORST
•It’s hot—I know, I know, it’s been a cool July, but that does not mean it’s been cool. Ugh, I can’t sleep at night; Albert and I have both ended up in the basement a couple times. And, I spent all my shopping energy looking for work clothes after Lucy was born, so I have a very limited selection of summer clothes.
•The flu—last week Lucy came down with the flu, which she shared with me, and before you knew it, just about my whole family was sick. This was probably the first time Lucy was really sick, and oh my goodness, it is the saddest thing ever to see a sick baby. There was nothing I could do to soothe her. All I can say is, thank goodness for Pedialyte Frozen Pops!

Here are some pictures of the best:


Lucy has found her belly button; she thinks she's pretty hot stuff.



Trying out the backpack for the first time.


She gets so worn out!



The kids tried to run through the sprinkler, but it was kind of cold!



Lucy loves Zach; Zach kept running away from her!



She really wanted to get the syrup.



A little bit of some finger-painting.



All 10 kids with Grandma and Grandpa--what a good looking bunch!



Albert and Britten's birthdays are a day apart; Emily's is close behind.



The zoo!








The three girls who are three months apart, going from oldest to youngest...so cute!




The copper mine; it was pretty cool.


And really big!




A geocache near the mine. According to McCoy, it was "too easy".


Butlerville Days! It was funny to think that last year, Lucy was 6 weeks old, and now she's going down the slides with Chase. I think she liked it.

3 comments:

ba said...

I am with you on the Harry Potty ending. It is fun to have something like a book to look forward to when you know each of the charters so well.
I am glad you are feeling better- being in the summer is the worst.

The Poulson's said...

SO CUTE! THe zoo was fun! Lets get together again before summer ends! Yea thanks for giving us the flu too! Brielle got it, then me, and my mom!!! IT was horrible!

Shober Fam said...

I like how on Bert's cake, the numbers were 82...of course they were backwards, but still, it made me smile. =)