Transitions are hard. They come in all shapes and sizes--going from college to "the real world", weekend to Monday, changing jobs or places of residence, recess to writer's workshop, new president (you pick...Relief Society, The United States, Primary), reading a series that you love to....shoot, it's over?, and a transition we are all experiencing right now....going from autumn to winter.
Of course it is still fall, but you know how it goes once we pass Halloween. Christmas is coming. It is in the stores, on the radio, in my mother's house, on my car yesterday (by that I mean snow, and a lot of it). However, it is not this part of the transition from fall to winter that is giving me a hard time. Sure it may seem weird that Christmas music is playing in the beginning of November, but I'll admit, it has the potential of putting me in a good mood when I am really frustrated and tired. No, it is not Christmas decorations or snow that I am not dealing well with, it is the loss of daylight.
I hate that it is 5:30 and I just had to turn a lamp on...and I didn't turn the lamp on earlier only because I have been sitting in front of the computer. Our apartment doesn't help things. We have, basically, one big window which faces north. It hasn't been a huge problem until lately when I keep wanting to go open more blinds, but wait....there are no blinds to open. And so, I have to go against my better judgement and turn the switch on. If you know me, you know that I much prefer sunlight to lightbulbs, which in my case, consists of two lamps in our living room because there is no ceiling light. It just makes me feel like it is time for bed. The fact that I have the blinds closed and the lamps on tells me that it is late...but wait a second, I haven't even had dinner yet! Ah! I am so unproductive. So why don't I just keep moving and get stuff done? Well, I suppose I am still in transition mode and of course, transitions take time. And so, until I get used to this....the blinds are closed, the lamp is on, and I am off to bed.
--Jenni
Memorial Day
2 months ago
3 comments:
You crack me up Jenni! I do however feel for you, I get up in the dark go to work, where there are no windows and leave in the dark, it sucks! Good luck on the dark side!
Albert,
Welcome to the world of blogging...I've only been doing it a few months, but really enjoy it. But I guess that's because my parents are still in Salina and we're up here.
Sorry, I just ran on to your blog today and was so excited because I haven't heard much about you since high school. However, I agree the Aggies are great as well. Check out my blog sometime and let me know how you're doing.
Ashlee
Me again....would you and Jenni like to come over for dinner sometime to meet my family?
Post a Comment