CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Check one off the list!

So last month, I got a phone call from my mom asking if we wanted to ride in a hot air balloon over Salina during Father's Day weekend. We were already planning to be down, so I said sure. Little did I know, how great it would be. Jenni, however, couldn't contain her excitement. When I told her about the ride... she was ackwardly silent. I then said, "We don't have to go, if you're scared or something." She immediatly followed with, "Shhh, you have to give me a moment... afterall you just told me that I'm going to accomplish something on my 'things to do before I die' list." Needless to say, I now know why it was on her "bucket list".


This is the view from the North, looking South on Salina. Beautiful.

This is our response.

Okay, so we were a little sad the day we were supposed to go up. Turns out, if there's the littlest breeze on the ground, it's too dangerous to fly in a balloon. So our ride was cancelled on Saturday, with no promise of ever getting to go up. But that all changed early Sunday morning.



This is us just as we're taking off. We were about three feet off the ground at this point and I was more concerned that the "cameraman" would drop my camera. Thankfully, just as the camera was snapping the shot... he handed it to me. This probably explains why the pic is bit blurry.


Another beautiful pic over Salina. Altogether there were 19 balloons int he air that day.

I think Jenni and I agreed that Salina has never looked so pretty!



This is a great view of our balloon. We had a great pilot and were up in the air for about an hour and half. In the next post... I'll try to post a video of the ride... and show you how pretty Salina's sewer ponds are from the air!









2 comments:

Autumn and Mitch said...

I am totally jealous. Mitch and I were just talking about Hot Air Balloons the other day. We wondered if they still did them because I too have always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon. That is so cool and it looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing Albert.

Autumn and Mitch said...

p.s. I love Jenni's thankful lists and how you are always one of the things she is thankful for but for a different reason every time. I think you need to post a reason why you are thankful for her! HA!