Trim Up the Tree with Christmas Stuff
Some of my favorite Christmas things can be found at a bookstore--books, music, and movies--it wouldn't be Christmas for me without a good collection of each of these items. For this blog, I am going to focus on the latter (or would the correct term be lattest, since I am referring to 3 things...probably, lattest is not a word and I am just embarassing myself). I want to share with you some inspiring, and some not so inspiring, quotes from a few Christmas movie greats. Enjoy!
Home Alone
"When I grow up and get married, I'm livin' alone!"--Kevin
"Buzz's girlfriend...woof!"--Kevin
"I took a shower washing every body part with actual soap, including all my major crevices, including in between my toes and in my belly button, which I never did before but sort of enjoyed."--Kevin

A Christmas Story
"Ah life is like that; sometimes at the height of our revelries, when our joy is at its zenith, when all is right with the world, the most unthinkable disasters descend upon us." --narrator
"Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double beatloaf, I HATE meatloaf." --Randy

White Christmas
"The best things happen while you're dancing; things that you would not do at home come naturally on the floor." --Phil"It must be beautiful this time of year in Vermont...all that snow." --Phil
"Isn't this is cosy--boy, girl, girl, boy." --Phil
"When I am worried and I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep. And I fall asleep counting me blessings." --Bob
Christmas Vacation
"Let's burn some dust. Eat my rubber!" --Clark"I don't know what to say except that it's Christmas and...we're all in misery". --Ellen

Mixed Nuts
"Stuck in the elevator, help me please. Get me out on Christmas Eve!" --Blanche Munchnik"I wonder if your name starts with a "C" or with a "K",
I wonder if you prefer Almond Joy or Milky Way,
I wonder if you sleep to the left or to the right,
I wonder who would win if me and Philip got into a fight.
Oh, so many things for me to wonder!" --Louie

While You Were Sleeping (not a Christmas flick, but good Christmas scenes)
"I should have gotten a spruce; they're lighter." --Lucy"These potatoes are so creamy." --Midge
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
"They'll play noisy games like Zu Zimmer Kahzay--a roller skate type of lacrose and croquet." --narrator
"Santy Claus, why? Why are you taking our Christmas tree? Why?" Cindy Lou Who
"Welcome Christmas bring your cheer, cheer to all Whos far and near,Christmas Day is in our grasp, so long as we have hands to clasp,
Christmas Day will always be, just as long as we have we,
Welcome Christmas while we stand heart to heart and hand in hand." --narrator

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Love,
Jenni
2 comments:
Oh Louie and Philip! I always forget how much I love that movie.
Oh Jenni. What good Christmas memories, but now it made me sort of depressed since it's all over. White Christmas is the best, I think: "I must have left it in my girdle." Good times.
Post a Comment